Here are the best tools for Mastodon I have found and personally used.
- fedi.garden: Discovering nice servers on Mastodon and the fediverse. Made by @FediGarden.
- instances.social: A guided wizard that helps pick the right Mastodon instance for you. Made by @TheKinrar.
- Followgraph: Find awesome people on Mastodon by looking up who you follow on and surfacing who they follow. It expands your connection graph based on who you are already connected to. Made by @gabipurcaru.
- fediview: Aggregate the most popular posts from your timelines to get a personalized view of posts. Made by @adamghill.
- Feedseer: See the most popular links that have appeared in your Mastodon feed over the past day.
Mastodon has a robust API anyone can create a different interface for browsing your network.
- Elk: A web-only interface for Mastodon that feels very similar to Twitter.
- tooty: An experimental multi-account Mastodon web client that is all client-side (no server needed!).
- Phanpy: A minimalist, opinionated Mastodon web client. Made by @cheeaun.
- Cuckoo: A GooglePlus-Like third-party web client for mastodon.
- feditrends: Aggregates what is trending across the fediverse.
- Pinafore: An alternative web client for Mastodon, focused on speed and simplicity. Made by @nolan, but unmaintained.
- Whalebird: Slack-like UI for browsing Mastodon.
- Sengi: A multi-account Mastodon desktop client.
- Elk Native: Still alpha, but a super slick desktop client from the same folks that build the web Elk client.
These social networks bring something unique to your social network by focusing on a particular niche. They all integrate with
Mastodon because they all use the same
- BookWyrm: A social network for tracking reading, talking about books, writing reviews, and discovering what to read next. Made by @tripofmice.
- Pixeled: A network to explore and share beautiful photos and videos.
- PeerTube: PeerTube is a tool for sharing online videos.
For a longer list of (more technical) tools for
Mastodon I have found this awesome-mastodon fork by hueyy to be the most up-to-date.